Share of Search (SoS) is finally gaining attention as a significant (and inexpensive) metric for brand awareness and for forecasting future market share movements, and this is the reason why I’m trying to summarise all articles and the researches I found so far on the topic.
- The most important metric you’ve never heard of. By James Hankins. Early post (August 2020) with a detailed step-by-step model to explain how to measure SoS using Google Trends.
- Share of Search as a proxy for Market Share. By Andrew Everett.
- The wrong and the short of it. Where Tom Roach anticipates the studies Les Binet is conducting to better understand the correlation between SoS and SoM
- Understanding the art and science of SoS. By Charlotte Rogers. Long summary about there we are with the research. Via Marketing Week, behind a paywall.
- It’s time for SoS to replace SoV. By Mark Ritson, on Marketing Week.
- Fast, cheap, predictive Share of Search metric. The latest article and presentation of Les Binet at IPA. It includes the link to download the slide deck.
- Les Binet presenting at IPA, A new way to track brands and advertising, 14 October 2020.